What to do, we don’t have soda in the house, and straight juice doesn’t happen either, but sometimes friends come over who aren’t accustomed to drinking water. I have discovered that being a house with good snacks and drinks is an important thing. Apparently carrot sticks, hummus and water don’t make you the house to visit. This little bevy recipe seems to meet some needs. It’s not as sweet as what they are used to, but it is very quenching, and so it is fun to watch them drink it all up when you can see that they are not sure why they want it. Hey we have to get our kicks somehow.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (fresh or bottle)
- Juice of one lemon or lime
- 3 cups good clean water (or carbonated water to make it extra fun)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon good quality salt (like celtic or pink himalayan)
Mix, refrigerate, serve on a hot summer day. You may want to double the batch.