Curious About Calendula
Guest Blogger: Olivia Royce
Calendula is all the rage when it comes to natural skincare. Dermatologists and moms with an affinity for all-natural remedies are reaching for this yellow flowering plant. More commonly identified as the marigold, Calendula has a number of benefits that support an even-toned, youthful glow! Named for its unique blooming pattern (every month of the year), Calendula does offer you some timely skin improvements too.
- Calendula promotes blood flow to the skin cells- Full of flavonoids, coumarins, quinones, carotenoids, and amino acids, Calendula hits all of the important factors when it comes to healthy skin.
- Calendula reduces inflammation- Calendula contains powerful flavonoids, which are plant-based antioxidants that protect skins cells from harmful pro-inflammatory compounds. It also contains linoleic acid, which goes head-to-head against all kinds of inflammatory issues in the body: everything from ear infections to ulcers. The results of one NIH study has added to the overall understanding that Calendula does indeed have wound healing and inflammation reducing properties.
- Calendula provides antioxidant protection- As a natural antioxidant, Calendula also revitalizes skin that has experienced pollutants and sun damage.
- Calendula extract has anti-cancer properties- Calendula has the ability to activate the body’s lymphocytes, which are in charge of getting rid of foreign invaders (like cancer cells).
- Calendula increases hydration in skin- As a natural moisturizer, Calendula helps combat dry skin, one of the main culprits of aging. Offering tighter, more moisturized skin cells, this extract promotes a youthful glow.
- Calendula stimulates collagen production- Known to heal wounds and activate the collagen receptors in skin, Calendula helps skin recover quickly, whether that’s from sun damage, acne, or a slow-healing wound.
- Calendula soothes irritation- Once again, the natural antioxidants come to the rescue to help with diaper rash, sunburns, eczema, and even psoriasis.
- Calendula oil is known for antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiviral action- The natural oils and acids that make up calendula are especially suited for fighting pathogens, candida symptoms, and even antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria! It can be used to naturally treat ringworm, athlete’s foot, and even jock itch.
- Calendula helps reduce stretch marks- As it promotes hydration and evening imperfections on the skin, Calendula, applied topically, can help revert the skin to its natural state.
- Calendula protects against UV rays- The high concentration of antioxidants make Calendula an excellent addition to other known sun protectants. Protection from sun will make skin look and feel healthier for longer.
There you have it- 10 reasons why Calendula just might have to make it into your medicine cabinet. The best part? There are plenty of ways you can incorporate Calendula into your daily skincare routine. Oils, teas, creams, ointments, toothpastes, and more now contain this magical flower!
Check out the amazing benefits for your little one with our new Baby Oil. With one of the 5 main ingredients being Calendula, this oil is deal for soothing uncomfortable diaper rash. Give yourself and your baby peace and promote healthy skin for the whole family. At Ora’s Amazing Herbal, we believe in all natural remedies and quality products that give you the glowing, healthy skin you deserve. Shop here!
Herbs are amazing.